sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Transmission light shows gearbox fault, will do that thanks,

transmission light shows gearbox fault
JA: Have you checked the transmission fluid?
Customer: will do that thanks
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: xk8 year 2000
JA: Are you fixing your XK8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only just occured the car not used during lockdown have just recharged battery
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
Dear customer, do you have any mechanical fault?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Jose, thank you for your response however I now believe the task is beyond me and will have to reluctantly take it into an appropriate garage.I do this reluctantly as the bill will probably be more than the cars worth. Thanks again for your response

Dear customer, I understand the position you present, but in reality I consider that what you can do is a simple maintenance to correct this problem, you would only have to replace the oil and the filter, in fact it is not very expensive, I could tell you that the costs with the labour could be around £ 300,400 but you don't have to go to the dealership and maybe if you have mechanical knowledge you could do it yourself.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible that's why i am sorry for the delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Keep safe.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes