sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I just got 450. When driving, before shifting in to higher

Customer Question

Hi. I just got 450. When driving, before shifting in to higher gear the car looses trust.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: No leaking found. And I can only assume the transmission is as old as the car.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Smart for two 2002 cabrio
JA: Are you fixing your Cabrio yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. Planning to take off and clean the turbo.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll wait
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 2 months ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
Dear customer, do you have any lost of power?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the reply.
It does not seem that I lost power, it's just that before the gear change the engine goes almost idle. Than change happens, and it drives normally again before shifting to higher gear b

Dear customer, i apologize for my long delay. The time zone where i am is affecting me a bit.
Do you have indicators lit on the dashboard and how long have you had to do without maintaining the injection system and the air emission system?
is it a petrol model?
How long have you had maintenance without replacing transmission oil and filter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just got the car. So far I changed the oil, oil and air filters and all 6 sparkplugs. Haven't changed the transmission oil. Is that something you recommend to do?

Dear customer, the transmission fluid must be replaced from time to time, since your cabrio is 2002, it had to be replaced some time ago. As you feel this small problems in the transmission, the best is to do this maintenances as it is possible that it have never been done.