sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

How can I switch off the alarm system in my 68 reg Hyundai

How can I switch off the alarm system in my 68 reg Hyundai Santa Fe so I can leave my dog in the car?
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: No, always used the remote, local dealer said to click 3 times, but that does not work.
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, just asked local dealer, had car from new, so would not try much myself.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just want to know how I can leave my dog in the car without the alarm going off, at p.resent, I dare not leave her in locked car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDI Premium SE 5 Door 4 WD, unable to switch of alarm to leave dog in car.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to wait I need to have the answer to my question, my local Hyundai dealer has never been able to give me an answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you found the answer to my problem yet?

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, did is just happening when you leave your dog at the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I have not left my dog in the car as I know the alarm will be on, there is a warning to check rear seats when you switch off the engine, there is nothing in the handbook to tell you how to switch alarm off, nor is there a switch to cancel alarm. My local Hyundai dealer cannot give me an answer, other than double, or treble click the remote key, this doe not work either, so for the last two years I am unable to leave my dog in a locked car, I will not risk having either dog, or car stolen, this is the only problem I have with this vehicle, otherwise highly recommended!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No point in having a telephone conversation unless i have a guaranteed answer to fix the problem, it might need a Hyundai expert.

Dear customer, I apologize for my delay to get back to you.
It seems a bit strange to me that the dealership has told you that this type of programming can be done either through the fob or remotely or manually because this alarms can be configured and deactivated but only through a diagnosis tool with Hyundai software.

The alarm of the Hyundai Santa fe has internal sensors to the cabin that detect movements, these cause the doors to remain unlocked or the alarm not to be activated or sometimes to be activated all depends on the configuration that has already come from the factory.

This configuration is adaptable but as I told you only through the Hyundai software, it is not possible to do it from the fob or from the vehicle.

Do you understand me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Kind regards.
Keep safe, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes