sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2009 xc70 boot wont open but making all the rite noises, all

Customer Question

2009 xc70 boot wont open but making all the rite noises
JA: Are you fixing your XC70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: all fuses power going to the correct places, micro switch in extereor boot handle is ok, boot opener on dash has never worked for the 18 months the car has been in my care.
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: yes but it is very vage no clues volvo form is full of things it could be but nothing works
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not realy just heeeellllpppppp
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, the problem that you present in your consultation is not with the mechanized system of the hood, but it is simply the release mechanism that has problems, as will you understand this system works with an electrical signal that sends to a mechanism that allows the release of the hook of the bonnet lock, the problem is not in the electrical signal because it is just receiving this signal since you hear the noise trying to activate but the mechanical part of the hook is the one that is not allowing the release, you must proceed to verify this, Obviously the plug is seeing this is the first thing you should do, you can do it through the grill making a small disassembly to access the mechanical system manually, you can also enter from the bottom but the best thing is to lift your Volvo a little to be able to enter with more easily and with the help of a screwdriver or tweezers to be able to push the latch of the hook, once opened this you know to verify what is happening with the mechanical hook system.

Do you understand me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Kind regards.
Keep safe, Sebastian.