Steve
Steve, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty five years
106618989

I have a 2012 fiat punto 0.9 twinair, recently the odometer

Hi , I have a 2012 fiat punto 0.9 twinair, recently the odometer has started flashing constantly causing the blue and me and handsfree etc to stop working
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model of your '12 Fiat?
Customer: Twinair punto
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not tried anything yet only checked the battery
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

although you have checked the battery, this is quite a common problem on the Fiat and normally develops due to a battery problem, the system is very sensitive to voltage and a dead cell within the battery will allow the vehicle to start and run but can allow faults such as this to show up.

If you have a voltmeter ensure the battery is reading around 12.4 volts when the engine is off and charging at around 14 Volts when running.

If you are still on the original battery I suspect this will be the problem. Other possibilities are that the earth connection to the body is poor and this would also be worth checking.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot, I will get that looked into and hopefully it will solve my problem! Thanks for the help

This is normally the problem, I hope all goes well.

Steve