sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Sat nav screen says it cannot read a programme. does not

sat nav screen says it cannot read a programme. does not show clock or temp either. Have purchased a correct card but fault remains the same
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2011 mazda 3 sport 2,2 deisel
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: believe it has ben serviced recently by the dealer we brought it from, not mazda dealer
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, trying to, 2 different sat nav cards. 2nd one correct for model plugged in this morning same result
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I know

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, did this happens after trying to upload the firmware?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jose, 2011 mazda 3 sport 2.2 diesel with the sat nav screen built in to the dash just above left of the steering wheel ( right hand drive car) the usb card slots in behind 2 plastic covers above dash. We recently brought the car and were told that it needed a sat nav card, that's why it was showing the error message ( cannot read a programme) we've since tried 2 cards and it remains the same. It is apparently supposed to show time and outside temperature all of the time anyway. I put the cards in with the ignition off each time but nothing happens changes when i switch the ignition on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a little late now, are you available tomorrow uk daytime ?

Dear customer, before you tried the sat nav system cards, did you first check the version of the central console system?
The center console system or the radio system so to speak is the same as any smartphone tablet or electronic equipment requires configuration and a software update from time to time, the software of the navigation systems are compatible as they are released new software updates of the equipment. If you are testing with a very recent navigation system update the equipment cannot receive it because it is not updated in the same way, as the navigation system so before proceeding with the navigation system update, it is necessary that they update the equipment, this does not necessarily have to be done in the dealership, you can go to any car audio garage that works with the installation of sound equipment, navigation systems and GPS externa, they can carry out this type of work in addition to update the navigation system at once.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Kind regards.
Keep safe, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes