Phillip H
Phillip H, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Afternoon have a Berlingo 1.9 diesel 2003, have lost horn,

Customer Question

Afternoon have a Berlingo 1.9 diesel 2003, have lost horn, blower, indicators, l
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: Afternoon I have a Berlingo 1.9 diesel 2003 van, I have lost horn, blower, indicators, head lights on perminant, engine management light stays on
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Afternoon I have a Berlingo van 1.9 diesel 2003, have lost horn, blowers, indicators, wipers, head lights won't turn off from stolk, dash board engine management light stays on, head light symbol stays on, couple of others stay on, I have replaced the red and white inter twind wires from fuse box under dash to box in engine bay, but no change, have had the fuel stop solenoid replaced updated one so had wiring done accordingly, it does start, any ideas if you could help please, Mark
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fixing my self at present although fuel solenoid was done by auto electrician who wired up, I got the van and was not running, it runs now, but have the issues mentioned, I read up about the red and white wires that are inter twind with each other that run between both fuse boxes, so I have replaced wire (both) but no change, Mark
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No don't think so
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Citroen
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Phillip H replied 1 year ago.

Hiya

Would the wires you have replaced happen to have 9013 and 9012 written on them at intervals? If so these are CAN Bus wires. They are a set length and the same length as each other.

The only common thing with all of the problems you have mentioned is the BSI (in car?) and the BSM (under bonnet?). i suspect it will be the BSI as these units have been known to cause problems although it could also be the BSM.

I would suspect if you had appropriate diagnostic software then there may be some fault codes listed related to BSI. As far as I know these units require programming to the vehicle so you would have to take the vehicle to a dealer for this.

Phillip