sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have no fuel gauge, mor speedo nor temp gauge nor rev

Customer Question

I have no fuel gauge
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: mor speedo nor temp gauge nor rev counter starts and runs fine
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2002 600 cc
JA: Are you fixing your 600 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I aim to but don’t know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks you
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, is just the fuel gauge?
The temp and the revs do work well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not working
Fuel gauge
Temp gauge
Rev counter
Ignition lights
Gear display
And indicator lights on dashboard

Dear customer, I apologize for my delay to get back to you.
Dear customer, due to the number of indicators that do not work, your query is limited to a problem in the Vehicle's dashboard, the dashboard is in charge of perceiving and coding all the signals in order to give you the indicators. The problem is that with the time, the board connections or the board can be damaged.

The board has an electronic board like any other electronic equipment, over time certain components can be damaged, causing loss of signals or mobility in the indicators you observe.

What is recommended is to start by checking the fuses under the dashboard, if they are all correct, proceed to first check the connections that reach the dashboard, for this the dashboard must be removed from the console and if the connections are correct and they are no split or corroded connectors or some type of problem in them, replace the board, it can be obtained second-hand at a cheap prices rather than send it to buy another brand new, these boards are not configured therefore their installation is not complicated to just plug and play the new board.