sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2003 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi .cranks but no start new plugs

2003 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi .cranks but no start new plugs new wires new coils all primary resistance 0s on ohms there straight from box got power to coils 12.6 v but no spark

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ofcourse vontinue

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, I understand. I want to explain you, the first thing I notice is that you present an important symptom of a deconfiguration in the system of recognition of the key and immobilizer, let me explain how your immobilizer system work

The electronic immobilizer protects your vehicle by means of an electronic code integrated in the key. This is composed of an invariable personal code and a second code that the immobilizer modifies each time the engine is started.

When starting the vehicle, the immobilizer checks the personal code and the variable. If both codes are correct, the immobilizer sends a new coded signal to the engine control to unlock the engine. Without this signal, the engine can not be started, even by a bypass.

If you have a problem in the key or in the immobilizer, your vehicle does not turn on, this happens a lot when we perform works in the vehicle.

In your case, the immobilizer can not verify the codes, this may be due to different factors, such as the key has been deprogrammed with the immobilizer, or that the key has no access to the vehicle, therefore the immobilizer inhibits the ignition.

This problems are usually due to problem in the car's battery, the key fob battery or some module like the ECM or BCM. So the fisrt we should try is to check the car's battery and the key fob battery. Even problems with the starter relay.

Then we need a technician to program the immobilizer again with a diagnostic tool with Dodge software or a key programmer.

Do you understand me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Kind regards.
Keep safe, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes