Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My mb clk 220cdi 2006 has fairly heavy steering,i just dont

hi, my mb clk 220cdi 2006 has fairly heavy steering,i just dont know what to do.i had drived clk 2.0 petrol and to camper with my one my one very stif.if you could give me same ideas i wud be appreciate for it thanks
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: my one deasel
JA: What is the model of your '06 Mercedes?
Customer: 220cdi
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no i taking to garage
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: but machanic saying the diesel all same

Hi..there..

First of all the obvious needs to be checked with regard to - tyre pressure! both fronts are low you will get heavy steering..so worth checking them when the tyres are cold..not after a run.. second is the fluid in the power steering..if its never been changed since 2006 that you know off.then again thats could be something to consider getting renewed...third is issue with suspension either siezed or stiff balljoint or top mounting causing extra effort on the steering..worth getting that checked too...