sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Range rover sport 2010 cut out while driving and now wont

Customer Question

Range rover sport 2010 cut out while driving and now wont start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: AA have checked the battery and charged it but still wont start.
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: AA called out and local mechanic has looked at it. AA got a code for alternator error. Mechanic thinks it may be the cam belt
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, actually if it can be a little worrisome that the vehicle has cut off in this way while operating, normally this is generally not a very good reference and the technician is correct to the power is this fault related to belt/chain problems, although you are indeed having error codes regarding the accessory belt that effectively supports the alternator, but I find it necessary to make a diagnosis with a tool that has the Range rover software, The AA technicians generally do not already have these tools,As their equipment is more simple, it would be good to start with this proper diagnosis if not, anyway you will have to proceed sooner or later to check the belts, so it is also good to start here.

Do you understand me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Kind regards.
Keep safe, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If it was the belt, what sort of money would I be looking at?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

If the problem is the belt, the cost is around £500, including labour and cambelt kit.

IT is better to replace the kit to make sure all will be workiing well, and to avoid further damage.