sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

VW Polo p0001 error code. Fuel volume sensor open circuit.

VW Polo p0001 error code. Fuel volume sensor open circuit. Just trying to locate the sensor in the engine bay to check the wiring.
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: No not yet. I've had a visual check and can see no problems
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: Polo SE Design TSI 1.2 2015
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just checked electrical connections after using my error code meter
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, let me explain with the error code and the diagnostic equipment you are using, you will not be able to find the sensor, what happens is that you are using an incorrect diagnosis, first of all because the p0001 code is simply talking about a problem in the fuel pressure, but it is not telling you if it is really a problem with the filter pump of some injector or some component of the injection system because this is a generic error code, it is an error code that generates the code readers to refer to a problem in the fuel pressure but to be able to find out precisely what the problem is, you need to make a diagnosis with a suitable equipment that has a software for Volkswagen as an Vagcom equipment, those are the adequate equipments to carry out these diagnoses.

So it simply throws you the code P0001, which tells you about a problem of fuel volume but it is a very generic code or a very open code is not precise.Then with this code, to avoid unnecessary expenses no kind of repair can be performed.
What I could recommend is since your Polo is 2015, if you do not have access to more advanced diagnostic equipment, proceed by to perform maintenance on the injection system, replace the filter, clean the pump, bleed the injection system because it may simply be a warning that maintenance is soon to be needed,

Do you understand me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Kind regards.
Keep safe, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for that. I forgot to say that there is a message on the dash screen that says ‘stop start error’ I will try changing the fuel filter first as the engine is running very rough and has no power.

Dear customer, it confirns my previous answer. What you should do is a maintenance. If you want you can start as you told me, but the best why to start is with the diagnostic with Vagcom software to be more accurate with the repair.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I have now found P0638 error as well as Stop Start error. Does this give any other clues as to the fault. The engine runs very erraticaly and misfires a lot.

Dear customer, effectively these error codes are more directed to a fault in the throttle body.The code specifically tells you about the TPS sensor, obviously these Volkswagen models no longer have a TPS sensor because the throttle body sensors have been changed to a single component. A unit known as the throttle body potentiometer is the throttle body potentiometer. It has been the black box that you are going to see next to the throttle body. It is the one that opens and closes and controls the entire acceleration system through throttle body is this is the one that is generating error codes, I recommend you start by checking the connections of this and these potentiometer can be verified without disassembly through a diagnostic equipment with vagcom software through some tests of actuators in the body, this is to check the state of the accelerator pedal sensor, the state of the potentiometer, the state of voltage regulation that reaches the potentiometer etc. all these works can be done by any technician who has knowledge in the use of the vagcom diagnostic tool. but as indicated, this is where the error code is referring you.