Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Mazda 6 on a 08 plate. I am having problems with

I have a Mazda 6 on a 08 plate. I am having problems with the tyre censors can I bypass this system by taking a fuse out.Also my tyres seem to go down very quickly I am told this was due the poor design of the alloys. I have had them all reseated but I an still having problems
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: All are less then three years old no problems when my brother had the car
JA: What year is your Mazda2?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All have been taken off at the tyre garage and put back on
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I disconnect- pull the fuse on the tyre censors so the dash light goes out as it is a MOT failure

Hi..there..

How can it be poor design if your brother didnt have any problems with the tyres...sounds to me like the classic case of rim corrosion, alot of alloys that get older even steel rims do build up a layer of corrosion where the bead of the tyres sits..and this can cause small leaks to manifest..the usual remedy is to get the tyres off and get the rims grinded where the tyre bead sits or shoulders of the rims using a wire wheel on high speed drill to remove any corrosion..then sand down the rest..refit the tyres then apply a layer of bead sealer if need be before setting,reinflating the tyre to seat..the same methods needs to be done at the schrader valve too..

I mean have they checked where the leaks are on the tyres..if it loosing that much air then spraying some soapy water aorund the rims of the tyres should give an indication where its leaking... Plus the TPMS cant be disabled by pulling a fuse as its intigrated with body control module or linked..either disable using dealer level tool...