sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Central locking won’t work have treadmill Ed replacing

Customer Question

Central locking won’t work have treadmill Ed replacing batteries on Porsche boxsfer
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Battery about 6 months old
JA: What year is your Boxster?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New battery in fob and u tube video
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Car
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Unable to check the battery with volt meter
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Trying to fix the issue myself
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
U tube video suggested place key in and turn them pull out and press buttons on fob
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.
Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.Dear customer, are the doors not working with the central locking nor manual?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No problem let me know what information you need
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Mob is***********
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Email would be better
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 days ago.

Dear customer, i apologize for my long delay to get back to you.
I had some connectivity problems.

Dear customer, your porsche has a system in charge of the doors known as central locking, which is made up of a module that receives the signal from the fob and emits the signal to block or open the door selenoids, and you porsche is 2000, so it is normalthis type of problems to begin to occur.

The reviews that must be carried out begin with a verification of the fuses located under the dashboard since here are the fuses and relays in charge of the central locking system, sometimes they can be burned or stuck, causing thecentral locking system to be canceled.

In addition to the fuses, the state of the relays must be verified, when the central locking system is activated, you usually hear a noise at the bottom of the panel, what you are hearing when activating central locking is a click that produces the relay of this system, it sends the signal to the door selenoids, it is very likely that it is stuck and that you should replace it.

if everything is correct, I am concerned that the damage comes from the central locking module, as you understand the central locking module is the module in charge of sending the signal to the doors, it is very likely that the fault is in the relay but Otherwise, you must disassemble the module and take it to a review, not without first checking the state of the module connections, since they can leak or rust, creating loss of signals to the module.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible that's why i am sorry for the delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Keep safe.

Kind regards, Sebastian.