sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 2005 Quattroporte has broken down and has been with a

My 2005 Quattroporte has broken down and has been with a Maserati specialist for five weeks. He does not seem to be able to diagnose the fault. Engine won't crank at all. He has replaced T1pump and relay but no joy. The car has done less than 48,000 miles and has been fully serviced. The engine simply died, showing transmission failure on the faults screen. What can I do?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 47,500 miles. No problems up to point of breakkdown.
JA: Are you fixing your Quattroporte yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, as I stated it has been transported to a Maserati specialist who is very busy at the moment and maybe cant find time for it. So it's sitting outside his garage and has been for five weeks.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, did the specialist do a diagnostic?
If so, could you share the error faults with me please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Good morning, Jose. Yes, the garage did a full diagnostic. The car was showing a transmission failure but the clutch was replaced a few years ago.including the position sensor. The engine still won't turn over and I think the garage has too much other work to give much time to my problem. I have been thinking of taking it back and trying to find an enthusiast to have a look at it. Bodywork, tyres etc all good and very low mileage so it would be shame to have to scrap it.

Dear customer, I would need more information to better understand your query, I hope you can help me with the following questions.

1) First I want you to tell me how it happened if it was momentary in one morning or if you were driving and the engine made some noise or crash.

2)Did they carry out any computerized diagnosis in the garage and if they have the error codes, this would help me a lot to get more involved in your consultation and repair.

3) Finally, I would like you to know what city you are in to see if I can find an alternate garage that can verify the vehicle because the garage you are in may have a lot of work.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm sorry to say something has come up which means I can't devote any more time at the moment to this car. I thank you for your responses and apologise for taking up your time.

No worries, any time you can let me know and i will be able to help.
Kind regards.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes