Phillip H
Phillip H,
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Not having a good start in the morning, the diesel system is

Customer Question

not having a good start in the morning
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: the diesel system is the problem
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: renault trafic 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Traffic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed the common rail pressure sensor
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that
Category: Car
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillip H replied 11 days ago.

Hiya

You state that you have poor starting in the morning. Is it ok at other times of day?

Potentially if it is only the initial start in the morning this could be because the Fuel Pressure isn't holding overnight. This can be caused by Fuel Injectors that are failing and leaking overnight or air ingress into the fuel system through a poor quality seal. This may be at the Fuel Filter or any of the pipe joins.

If the Fuel System checks out ok then I would look at checking the Glow Plug Operation as this can affect starting particularly on a cold engine.

I would also be inclined to carry out a code read to see if there are any potential codes in the system.

Phillip