Rob
Rob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years trade experience
16305601

I have a 300c touring estate and need to get the battery

Customer Question

I have a 300c touring estate and need to get the battery out. I have followed the videos for removal which all relate to saloons. My problem is that the bracket that clamps the battery down is fir
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Not leaking just discharged through non use during lock down. Car on road an immobile. Need to bring battery in tocharge
JA: What year is your Touring?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just. Need to remove the battery. Have slackened the strap and removed the 10mm bolt on the clamping bracket but that has a black plastic electric box firmly ontop
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you still need help?