sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Both seats passage and drives will not move, both fuses ok

both seats passage and drives will not move, both fuses ok os there a control unit if so where? (2001 SLK compressor )
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: one on side of inner dash board other in engine compartment, checked engine one both fuses ok. the other one I cant find which supplies power to both seats separately (I think its called the control unit is there one).J
JA: What is the model of your '01 Mercedes?
Customer: 2.3 lts petrol manual compressor 2 seats convertible J.
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked the fuses so far, should I check the power to them if no power where should I look next or take it to a Mercedes garage
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no do I have to pay anything I am a pensioner.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, did this happen after some kind of work done to the car?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am happy to wait, if you want more information please ask, as far as I can find out there is only two fuse boxes and I have checked all fuses? J.

Dear customer, did both seat stop working at the same time?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer I apologize for the delay, the most recent models have a module under the passenger seat, but this 2001 model seems to me that it does not have a seat module, and it works directly from a reelevator, this is surrounded by the fuse box located under the dash in other models found in a fuse box that is in the trunk, this is what you have to check, when you find between the elevator you are simply going to observe that there are several that are the same next to other electrical systems, exchange them , it is very likely that here is the solution to your inconvenience in the seats but there is also the possibility that the problem is the wiring,already for the year of your Car the wiring may have been damaged.

Do you understand me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible that's why i am sorry for the delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Keep safe.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes