Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Rob. I have a ssangyong 2018 korando. Oil pressure loss at

Hi rob. I have a ssangyong 2018 korando. Oil pressure loss at start up.
JA: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?
Customer: No. Serviced 2 months ago.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Ssangyong korando 2018
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. 7 year warranty.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have taken it to ssangyong service agent but they say it's ok. I don't think so.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you. I'll wait for reply.

Hi..there..

Is this the RED oil can warning coming up on the dash?

Does it go out at all or when you rev the engine slighty?

Have you checked the oil level yourself when after its been sat for a few hours..just to see where the levels at?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi it's loss of oil pressure at first start up in morning.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Don't call me. Don't want to pay that amount for phone call

Yes just ignore that phone call request,it automatic you shouldnt get charged for that..

What the dealer will need to establish if it is indeed an oil pressure problem..they'll need to see if the oil pressure is reading corrctly on live data or via the sensor itself...what checks they might have to make is whether the incorrect oil filter/faulty anti-drainback valve..seen that a few times, a bad pressure switch, or the oil pump,pick up issue in the sump, but usually that would occur all the time..so id say the oil filter itself could be something to look at getting changed or checked out..the dealer shouldnt be telling you the engines fine certainly if the oil pressure warning is coming onas you could cause serious engine damage/wear as a result...

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks for that. Oil light comes on as every light does on ignition start. Rattle noise for 2 seconds then ok.

The oil light should go out once the engines started, thats totally normal.. if the oil light is still on after the engine started and the engine sounds slight rattle etc..then that should be looked into... Like i say as long as that oil light goes out once the engines started..you shouldnt have anything to worry about here...

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No your missing my point. On start up in morning the engine makes a rattling noise. Sounds like tappets. Been told it's oil pressure drop over night.

well my original answer stands then..need to establish if it is indeed an oil pressure problem..they'll need to see if the oil pressure is reading corrctly on live data or via the sensor itself...what checks they might have to make is whether the incorrect oil filter/faulty anti-drainback valve..seen that a few times, a bad pressure switch, or the oil pump,pick up issue in the sump, but usually that would occur all the time..so id say the oil filter itself could be something to look at getting changed or checked out

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks for your help.

No Problem.

In the meantime if you could leave a rating for me using the 5 stars..Thank you..

Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience: Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK