sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

When I put the gear to Drive, it makes small constant

When I put the gear to Drive, it makes small constant knocking sound. However, i could not hear it when i put it in Reverse, Neutral or parking, plus going on a high speed which is 30mph upwards.I have not had it serviced since I bought it.I bought the car a year ago and i barely drive it, mostly city driving (4000 miles a year). Could replacing transmission oil and car oil will help reduce the noise and concern ?

Dear customer, as I have told you as long as the vehicle does not have internal damage to the transmission due to lack of maintenance. The replacement of the oil and filter will surely correct the problem, but if there is already internal damage to the transmission, unfortunately not, you will proceed with a deeper review to verify what is happening,

This review is very likely to take a disassembly of the transmission but from my point of view as i am notthe vehicle I can only tell you where to start and it is with the maintenance of the transmission, if the problem persists I repeat the technician must disassemble the transmission and check it, because as I told you, it could be the disks that generated wear due to the lack of lubrication.

Do you understand me?