sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a lunar landstar RL the gray water tank sensors show

Hi I have a lunar landstar RL the gray water tank sensors show the tank is full when it is empty the sensors seem to be a long screw going into the plastic tank at 3 different heights with earth screw at the bottom any ideas how to fix them. Thanks Bill
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: No the sensors are for the level of water in the tank
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: It’s a Lunar Landstar rl motorhome
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have cleaned the tank removed the screws and cleaned the connections
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know how the system works

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, I understand these kinds of problems, the sensors are indeed defective and you must replace them, these sensors work with a very simple system, in fact they simply measure the water level in the container and convert the water (pressure) signal into an electrical signal that works with a voltage, the fuller the tank is, the greater the electrical signal that the sensor throws for the indicator, it seems the voltage that the sensor is throwing has been stuck in a high signal, therefore on the dashboard it will indicate that the level is high when it is not, this happens and it is normal that it happens over time, in these cases we proceed directly to replace the sensor what happens is that if I am not mistaken in these landstar models the sensor is included with the container thenyou must replace the entire assembly completely.

Do you understand me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible that's why i am sorry for the delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Keep safe.
Kind regards, Sebastian.