sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Failed MOT - needs hydraulic suspension pipes replaced -

Failed MOT - needs hydraulic suspension pipes replaced - Range Rover Sport registered June 2011 - any idea on costs involved
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: No fluid noticeable on ground - no change in comfort - no lights showing on dash
JA: What year is your Range Rover?
Customer: registered June 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not doing it myself - going to 4x4 LR specialist - looking for an idea on costs
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing thanx

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you just need the suspension pipes?
could you please shre your reg number with me please?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Reg G1DML - I hope just the pipes to be replaced
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry all I asked for was a rough indication of cost

There are a lot of components in the system and faults are commonplace Range Rover Sport Air Suspension.

Symptoms can be one or more corners will not raise, the vehicle will be slow to raise and only go to standard ride height, will not go in off road or access mode. The same symptoms and warnings can be caused by any of the following issues priced below. It is always advise a full diagnostic check to narrow down the cause before changing any parts.
The common causes are:
Air suspension compressor pump
Suspension compressor with upgrade kit
Air suspension height sensor
Air suspension valve front
Air suspension valve rear
Air suspension reservoir tank
Suspension Strut and Air Bag ( pipes)
If the vehicle suspension will not raise over one wheel and height sensors, valves and all the other faults listed above have been ruled out.

Then it is likely to be a split or leak in the suspension . These cannot be repaired and the complete unit will need to be replaced.

Replace Front suspension strut and air bag (each OEM) around £400 inc. VAT
Replace Rear suspension strut and air bag (each OEM) £400 inc. VAT.
Then the price could go to around £800 or even 1600£ in case all the suspension is damage, but it is very unlikely.

Then i recommend you, to perform a deep review of the suspension to make sure the problem is there are it is one of the more expensives jobs you could carry on on your Range rover, if for example the problem is just the air compressor pump the price to repair is around £500

Have you understood me, dear Customer?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible and that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Keep safe.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes