sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

When it's locked, the passenger wing mirror has one LED

When it's locked, the passenger wing mirror has one LED dimly flashing every 3-4 seconds
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 91000. I don't know, I only just bought it.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Mercedes CLK280 Cabriolet 2009.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't know if it needs fixing? I had a thought that it might be an alarm indicator. All my previous cars have blinked a small LED to show that the alarm is armed. There's no mention in the manual though.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope, that's it thanks đź‘Ť

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you still need help?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
please Sebastian, I'll continue to wait. My main concern is that if I leave the car locked for two weeks at an airport car park while I'm on vacation, could the LED drain the battery enough to prevent starting?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
please Jose, I'll continue to wait. My main concern is that if I leave the car locked for two weeks at an airport car park while I'm on vacation, could the LED drain the battery enough to prevent starting?

Dear customer, these LEDs will not drain your battery, and indeed if they are alarm recognition systems, the LED lights consume very, very little energy, so the normal bulbs were replaced, you can leave the vehicle quietly with this light blinking but In any case, to avoid the trip being postponed or for some reason lasting more than two weeks without using the vehicle, it is good to disconnect the battery during that time this to avoid any current drain.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible and that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Keep safe.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes