sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My Fiat scudo 2008 has a electrical problem when i start up

Customer Question

my Fiat scudo 2008 has a electrical problem
when i start up is says power steering fault stop. if i turn it off and back on the fault is gone but when i drive it all the instrument lights come on and go off plus the rev counter and speedo shut down for 15 seconds then star working again plus the battery light comes on then goes off
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, when you have electrical problems there are several factors that have to be verified, it is advisable to start by checking the state of the fuse box that is under the dashboard since this fuse box contains the fuses in charge of the accessory systems, lights, dash, etcetera; There are several aspects that can alter the fuse box, among them, it may be that some fuses are burned or loose, and corrosion may be affecting this system, so it is advisable to check them and if you observe corrosion, clean it, although if there is too much it is necessary to replace the box completely.

The next aspect that should be verified are the wiring and looms found in this fuse box and in the vehicle's ecu, the vehicle's main computer wiring can sometimes generate a certain disconnection, so the fault is sporadic.
what you do when you turn the vehicle off and on is a reset, that is why the power steering fault disappears until it generates the error code again and the vehicle generates all these problems again.
It is ideal that you start by using a diagnostic kit with Fiat software to be able to observe the error codes that the system is generating.
In general, these types of problems are at the level of the wiring, but the electronic modules may be compromised, the diagnostic team will help you determine which modules are being affected and if the operating parameters are incorrect to determine if the module truly requires a replacement.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you Jose I will check what you have said and seek to get a diagnostic test done with fiat software
��
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Great dear customer, even after you rate we can keep in touch!
All the best!

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Hello dear customer! i hope you well.
I hope the problem is now sorted!