Michaeluk
Michaeluk, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

I just bought a 2010 golf gti and the sat nav is saying i am

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I just bought a 2010 golf gti and the sat nav is saying i am in Regensburg and sits idle do you know whats up with it
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 77456 2.0
JA: Are you fixing your Golf GTI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I don't know whats wrong with it
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so
Category: Car
Expert:  Michaeluk replied 14 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

The cause is the GPS antenna.

These are often broken during these years of manufacture. Either they do not receive enough satellites, which leads to a shift of the position on the map by several hundred miles, or they do not receive any satellites anymore, in which case the position on any point on the map remains fixed.

To solve the problem the GPS antenna must be replaced. In very rare cases the antenna cable from the radio to the antenna is also defective. But this is very rare, so first of all only the antenna should be replaced.

I would be very happy about a rating with 3-5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Expert:  Michaeluk replied 11 days ago.

Dear customer, I hope I have been able to help you solve your problem. I would be very pleased to receive feedback in the form of a positive rating, which you can give very quickly and easily via the rating stars (3-5 stars). If you still need help with this problem, don't hesitate to ask for more free questions. To do so, please simply continue with the previous question history using the text box at the bottom. Thank you very much for using JustAnswer Your Experteer