sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a Mercedes SLC and get a message when trying to get

I have a Mercedes SLC and get a message when trying to get roof down “close boot separator”. It is closed though. Any ideas?
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: SLC 2017
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hopefully it is a quick fit. I haven’t messed around with anything yet as don’t want to do anything incorrectly
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello, I’m okay waiting. Thank you

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, the trunk dividers work as microswitches to work in conjunction with the sunroof system, what you are presenting is a problem in one of the signals of these microswitches. If the roof and trunk system are working correctly, it is probably just a problem at the level of a signal.

The ideal is to perform a computerized diagnosis with a diagnostic equipment with MB Star software, to verify the operation of the separator signals.
You can also proceed directly to verify it with a tester or multimeter.

It is necessary that these works or these revisions are carried out in a dealership, you can locate a trustworthy garage that can carry out these works and these revisions for you in the worst case the spacers should be replaced or check if there is a problem in the rail which can be obstructing or altering the movement or the signal.

Do you understand me, dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best advise i can, therefore please do not doubt to ask if you have any doubt or if there is anything else i can help you with.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes