sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a C240 LM53 MZD which has gone flat. It will not

I have a C240 LM53 MZD which has gone flat.
It will not start battery has gone flat
Problem I cannot charge it cos I cannot open the bonnet cos the plastic tongue that pops out from the grill to releases it bust (the plastic has/had gone brittle with age)
Can you get someone to repair it please; near Axminster, Devon?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: No Noise just cannot open bonnet
JA: What year is your C240?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your C240 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just to open the bonnet to charge it
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The auto fluid also needs top up

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
happy to wait

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, to open the car, a solution you can take without having to call an auto locksmith is gaining access to the starter motor. To do this you need to take off the protection cover that is under the engine i,e under the car, you can lift the car or use a ramp.
Take off this cover and locate the starter, with jump wires and a auxiliary battery, connect the possitive wire to the starter postive terminal wire and to the possitive in the battery terminal.
And the negative to the negative terminal of the aux battery and to the other edge to any part of the chassis.
Then quickly you will push the key fob to open the car ( make sure the key fob battery is ok). This is the only way you can try without affecting any part of the car to open the car and replace the battery.

In case, you can do it, an auto locksmith garage or locksmith tech is the best to sort out the problem, as they can help you open the car, the bonnet and reprogram or check the keys if it is needed.

There are other methods on internet but i do not recommend most of them, because you take the risk of damage the lock or the paint of the car.

Do you understand me, dear customer?
Please let me know if you have any doubt or if there is anything else i can help you with.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ho Jose, Many thanks for your response. The car is not locked I can get into the passenger compartment easily it is just that I cannot 'pop' the bonnet catch as the 'tongue' that pops out from the grill broke BUT i see that I will have to put it up on blocks or ramps (using the jack) and then remove the plastic cover underneath. I will try that unless anyone has any better ideas?