Michaeluk
Michaeluk, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

I have a 59 plate automatic Freelander 2 and then. The

Customer Question

Good afternoon. I have a 59 plate automatic Freelander 2 and then
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: the engine management light has come on with it displaying numerous fau fault codes
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a new battery and cleared the fault codes. I’ve spoken to Hendy Landrover technicians and they are suspecting the Haldex pump? It makes a ‘fluttering’ sound when changing up through the gears at low revs but no whining or clunking from the diffs. Any ideas?
JA: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you, ***** ***** it needs a service or possible Haldex pump?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The registration is HD59DZT. The fault codes it displayed were really random; open circuit number plate lights, left hand passenger door central locking, High and low indications of battery voltage? The battery has been renewed but the issue appears to be with the upshift at low revs but as explained no noise from the diffs. A Landrover technician has said it is likely to be the Hendex pump and possibly needs flushing / servicing, or potentially a complete replacement?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.

If you can call me on 07*** it will be easier to explain. Thank You

Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 4 days ago.

Expert:  Michaeluk replied 4 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

What´s the fault codes stroed in the control unit? Even if they change randomly, it can help to identify the cause.

Expert:  Michaeluk replied 1 day ago.

Dear customer, unfortunately without further information I can only give a general answer. Nevertheless I hope that my answer will help you. If you have any questions, please ask me here in the chat.

The haldex clutch will also be the problem from my point of view, but due to the constantly changing faults the cable harness should be checked carefully. It may be that if the cable harness has a problem, the haldex clutch will not work properly.

Therefore the cable harness should be checked first and only then the Haldex clutch should be replaced.