Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Car has the service airbag light on, Not that I can see,

Car has the service airbag light on
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: Not that I can see
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2015 Vauxhall Corsa
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I've had a local mechanic look into it but they could only find 1 airbag sensor and not the others to check if they were faulty
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi there , good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you todayDo you still require technical assistance with this concernKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Morning Brian
Yes I still need help with this please
Hi there no worries
Ok have you had a diagnostic faukt code check done on the RCM(Restraints Control Module )
If so what fault code was loggedKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I'm not sure, the mechanic I seen hooked it up to a computer and said it was showing up on a sensor that it had been in a minor crash but the car hasn't been in any sort of crash so it should be a faulty sensor.
The code that shows on my dashboard is code 95 - service airbag
Hi thanks
Ok fault code 95 indicates a issue with the drivers side airbag pretensioner circuit
The most common cause of this issue is a poor connection on the yellow multiplug under the drivers seat
If you look under the drivers seat from the rear you will see the yellow plug
Visually inspect the wiring to make sure it’s not broken or Chaffed
If ok unplug the multiplug and plug it back in to see if this resolved the issue as this is a common issue mostly due to the seat being moved back and forthIf you need any further help or technical assistance going forward
please let me know  and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are  satisfied with my answer /advice thus far
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER POSITIVE as this is how iam
Accredited for my advice and time and also to build my online profile
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day stay safe
Any POSITIVE FEEDBACK/are kindly appreciated
Kindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you Brian, I'm heading out in the next half an hour so I'll have a look at that and let you know if it works, thanks for your help so far
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Brian, had a good look and cant see a yellow plug, nothing at all seems to be hanging from under the seat, I've had a quick look on youtube to see exactly what it looks like but theres nothing like it from what I can see.
It looks like this image it may be green or blue on some models
It comes from the seat belt buck which is the pre tensioner
Kindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can I send you a picture of what is under my seat and see if you can spot it?
no worries
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** attached

Hi thanks there is 2 wires that come from the seat belt buckle can you follow them to see if the go into this large multiplug as it looks like this setup has been changed

I suspect they are going through this plug so disdconnect the plug and refit it checking for any loose connections etc

kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It wont budge whatsoever, theres nothing that seems to move on it other than the red clip on the right hand side but that just slides back an forward slightly but doesnt seem to change anything

Pull the red clip out as card as it goes and wiggle the plug off

this is the securing clip for the multiplug

and assists the multiplug right home

kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry, I'm probably being an idiot but I cant get any part of it to move, no matter how I have the clip, feels like it just one big piece of plastic that's fully secured. As in it doesnt seem to be just plugged in to something
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I've managed to unclip this little part on the left hand side but it doesnt seem to do anything other than some slightly more of the black cables

The small clip is just to located wiring loom

Try pulling the clip out and pull multiplug upward at the same time as as done are pull fit multiplugs

this must be the first thing to attempt and reconnect incase of high resistance (this is what brings on the air bag light )

If the Fault persists after reconnection then the resistances must be checked using diagnostic equipment due to the type of systems on the airbag setup

kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I cant get it to move so I think I'll have to get somebody to take a look at it, thanks for all your help though Brian.