Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Can you advise me please. I recently purchased a used Nissan

Hi, can you advise me please. I recently purchased a used Nissan Qasqui 2015. I noticed after a couple of days that the clutch was very heavy and the car shuddered when taking off. I returned to the garage and they said there was nothing wrong with it. After a bit of persuading they agreed to change the clutch. My question is...should they change the dual mass as well?
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: Not slipping but it jumps when taking off and shudders when gear is changed
JA: What is the model of your '15 Nissan?
Customer: I'm not too sure to be honest... I can't even check as it's in the garage atm
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I returned it to the garage where I purchased it, they are fixing it I only had it 4 days when I returned it
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it

Hi..there..

Its should be something that has to be checked when they have got the clutch plate off..they need to check for radial movement by rotating the DMF in either direction to diagnose if the ark springs are gone..there is plenty of information they should follow to assess whether the DMF should be changed or not.. If it was me and this is my opinion..id cetainly be replacing the entire lot including the DMF..it makes no sense unless the DMF is brand new to fit a new clutch to an old DMF that could maybe go faulty a few thousands mile in the future...any other questions?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No that's it, thank you for your help

Your welcome..best of luck with the repair..