Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

It's a Peugeot Boxer van with an lpg conversion. It's

It's a Peugeot Boxer van with an lpg conversion. It's struggling to start and idle. It runs fine on gas and then stalls when I switch it back to petrol. Could the petrol have gone stale? It's been quite a few months since I topped up the petrol.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: Yes, it stalls when idling when cold.
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: Peugeot Boxer panel van year 2000.
JA: What year is your Peugeot?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. Nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi..there..

You can get Fuel Stabilizer additives that you can add to the tank if petrol lays in a tank for long period of time..fuel these days can "go off" quicker than it used too..so its possible the fuel you have in the tnak could be an issue or the fuel filter is blocked up or fuel pump isnt working...you need to asertain if petrol is still able to reach the engine or not when you switch over,the fuelrail schrader valve or feed pipe you could test to see if fuel is getting ot the engine.if its not then you need to either try and new fuel filter or on it or test the fuel pump is still working or not..

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks Robert, I'll get a local mechanic to look at everything you've recommended. Cheers!

No problem..if you need to ask anything else then just ask here

Customer: replied 3 days ago.