sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Code p01846 and auto stop start is blinking, changed my

Code p01846 and auto stop start is blinking, changed my battery, started to work then a week after limp mode and then start malfunctioning again
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Yeah and after a week it started to malfunction again and then the code came up P0846 came up again
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Nissan Note 2013
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve tried oil, change, battery change clean filters. The car has the limp feel once it passes 3 rmph
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nah

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, the error code that you are presenting is referring to the pressure that the transmission fluid is presenting, I imagine that when you told me that you have replaced the fluid and the filter you are talking directly about the transmission.

The problem is that this signal is given by a sensor that simply measures the amount of fluid pressure, when the fluid is below the normal operating parameters it activates this error code, therefore it is very likely that the code is due to the fact that the sensor is faulty detecting incorrect values ​​and parameters, this is normal for this sensor to be found in the transmission valve body and it tends to damage over time.

Do you understand me, dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best advise i can, therefore please do not doubt to ask if you have any doubt or if there is anything else i can help you with.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok so can I purchase the sensor by itself or I’ll have to replace The valve body
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can’t call
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
can I purchase the sensor separately

Dear customer, sprry for the delay. Unfortunately the independent valve body sensors are not sold separately, they are obtained in a complete way, anyway the idea is to check in the spare parts shop. If they sell you only the sensor, it depends on the spare parts shop you contact.