Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have just bought a 2016 Skoda Fabia S MPI which i love.

Hi, I have just bought a 2016 Skoda Fabia S MPI which i love. But it doesn't seem to have air conditioning. Should it? If not, can I get it installed?
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 20,000 I've only just bought it...
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Skoda Fabia S MPI 75
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't know what to try! Should it have air con? I can't see an AC button
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I just want to know if my car should have AC which is broken, or if I can get it installed if not
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi is anyone there?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I was told about 40 mins ago that I would be waiting 8 mins for a reply! Is anyone there?

Hi..there..sorry for the delay in responce..

If your car has air conditioning..as some have it and some dont - its just goes by specification of the vehicle from factory etc.. you'll know if it has..if you look below the fan speed control knob..you 'll have 2 buttons.. one will be the recirculation button and the other will the A/C button..If you just have the 1 button for recirculation..then your car doesnt have air con...

Retro fitting A/C isnt as easy as you may think..because its means having to fit a - Condensor and fan - A/C pump to run off the belt which will mean the bracket to hold it and the belt,pulley - A/C lines - Evaporator which means the heater box behind the dashboard - the control unit facia.. it would be heck of alot money to retro fit that to the car as appossed to buying a car with it already installed..

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks for your reply. So even with my temperature dial on blue, on a hot day, I'll still have just hot air in my face?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can I do anything to cool my car on a hot day?

The temperature dial turned to blue setting is for closing the hot air flaps in the heater box to direct cold air instead..either from outside or from the fan itself..this will never be as cold as air like you would with air conditioning..as their will always be the element of warm air coming in via the heater box/matrix..so there isnt much you can do about that..If you car isnt fitted with A/C then there isnt alot you can do to make the air from the vents any colder..other than use the recirculate button "image of car with arrow" windows open/ ensure the car dosnt sit in full view of the sun//park the car in the shade if possible so the car doesnt build up heat in the cabin area if sitting..