Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Mini countryman 2011 wing mirror has been bumped away from

Mini countryman 2011 wing mirror has been bumped away from the base. Does it need replacing?
JA: Are you fixing your Countryman yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying. Mechanics dont seem interested. I have removed the allen bolts to see it can be reattached but don't know what I'm looking for at all
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so

Hi..there..

Depends how damaged the mirror is..if it been detached or broken away from the base part that fits to the door - then it will have to be whole new mirror unit - like you mention - once you twist the mirror round it then reveals be 2 allen bolts that hold the "base" section onto the door - once you've removed those 2 bolts..then just gentle tap the base it or wiggle it until its release as it will have rubber gasket on it to stop water getting into the door inside ..behind that you have multiplug connector to undo aswell...

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks. Sorry fot the lack of technical terms but could the metal bits between the 2 parts have snapped?

it looks like the internal fixing that moves the mirror on the base is broken..looking at that photo.?? If its completely snapped from the base then it will have to be a whole new mirror assembly..if its colour coded you should be able to swap the coloured cover over to the replacement..