Michaeluk
Michaeluk, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

The throttle position on my 2015 Skoda Superb 2ltr Auto

Customer Question

The throttle position on my 2015 Skoda Superb 2ltr Auto Diesel is 92.5% while idling ..... is that normal/correct ???
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: Its a 2015 car, oil changed (fully synthetic) last week ..... no major issues with car since I've had it 4 1/2 years
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: As described above ?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I have a gizmo that attaches to below dash and tells ya what lights on the dash are for ..... OBD11/EOBD
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, its a fault light that comes up and I want to what exactly is the issue/remedy
Category: Car
Expert:  Michaeluk replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Yes the throttle position is correct for diesel. A diesel engine does not actually need a throttle valve, as it operates with excess air.

To regulate the exhaust gases a throttle valve has been installed, which is only closed in certain situations. Therefore an almost completely opened throttle valve is normal when idling.

Can you describe the error lamp which lights up?
What kind of fault codes are stored in the memory?
Has the car power loss?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Its the engine management light !!! I know that covers a multitude however when I check the error codes it regularly comes up with 2 !!!
7E8 Engine
7E9 A/T
Expert:  Michaeluk replied 7 days ago.

Unfortunately these are not regular Fehelrcodes. They look like this, for example: P1234, U0123

Is there at least a text about the Fehel codes?

If not, the memory has to be read with an original tester, some error codes can not be read with the accessory tester.