sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Central locking key work work, No key is in excellent

Customer Question

Central locking key work work
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No key is in excellent condition, the lights on the key flash, the key works in the ignition, the central locking on the dash works, just the buttons on the fob don't work, the key is sending out a signal though Sounds to me like it may need reprogramming to the van, how do I do this
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Mercedes vito 2009 w369 111 reg LL59DZD
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I've tried some resycing techniques on Google and YouTube but neither work
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's it
Category: Car
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
All buttons work on the key and key starts the car but the central locking only works via the dash
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.
Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.Dear customer, it seems that the problem is at the key fob level, one thing is the key and another thing is the fob, although both are integrated, the key works through an integrated chip but the fob does work through a coding in the internal electronic board which is the one that encodes and sends the signal to the central locking module, so the key is working correctly but the key fob does not.Thus, what is recommended is to first perform the replacement of the control battery, and then re-encode the control with the central locking system, surely with those procedures that you have found in Google and YouTube will be enough but if you do not have to do it via the diagnostic equipment with Mercedes software.My goal is to give you the best advice i can based on your description, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi so the batteries have been replaced, the fob sends a signal but the van is not receiving it

Dear customer, that the central locking module does not receive a signal or programming is a bit worrying, because it means that it may be the central locking module that has generated the problem either due to defects in it or external to it.

The first thing is to check the state of the fuses, located under the dashboard, that you do not have any burned or loose, then it is recommended to carry out a computerized diagnosis with a diagnostic tool with Volvo software to enter the operation of the central locking module and studyIf it is not working properly or emitting or receiving signals.

In these cases, it is when the central locking module is replaced in addition your vehicle is 2007, the humidity may have done its thing creating corrosion and rust or that simply one of the module's integrated components has been damaged.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Its not 2007 its 2009 and its not a valve its a mercedes vito, I do not know where to locate the fuses and I do not know where the central locking module is either

My mistake, I was taking at the same time with a Volvo 2007. Sorry for that.
I meant you need a diagnostic tool with Mercedes software, such a man star tool. In addition, the wiring should be checked as it is normal that overtimevit causes this kind of problems.Once again, my apologies due my mistake
In addition the module is in the driver's doors, you need to remove the upholstery to gain access to it and the fuse in the cabin fuse box under the dashboard.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** a look and get back to you

You are welcome!
Let me know any new!
Best wishes, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Hi, the central locking module in the drivers door panel looks all fine however where is the central locking receiver

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.
Hello dear customer! It is inside the same module, there is the receiver.