Tyler Robb
Tyler Robb,
Experience:  Automotive Technician at Maxwell Street Motors
107420144

My Aston Martin DB7 6 cylinder refuses to start, it turns

Customer Question

My Aston Martin DB7 6 cylinder refuses to start, it turns over but won’t start up.. the engine management light is on, will this stop the petrol from getting through to the engine?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The check engine light has come and the gear box inhibitor light has come on
JA: What year is your DB9?
Customer: It’s a 1997 DB7
JA: Are you fixing your DB9 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked the spark plugs, they are working fine, it turns over but won’t fire up and I can’t hear fuel pumps running.. it is not a DB9 it’s a DB7 not sure if that would make a difference
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  Tyler Robb replied 9 days ago.
Hi this sounds like a fueling issue in order to pin point this id recommend accessing the plug at the fuel pump and checking for a live and earth at the wiring side by disconnecting the plug and testing the pins with a multimeter or test light with the ignition on. If there is no problem then it is very likely to be the fuel pump if there is a problem check the fuses and the 2 fuel pump relays i have attached there location