sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I drive a Volkswagen Golf 132 it was driving fine And when I

Customer Question

Hi I drive a Volkswagen Golf 132 it was driving fine And when I went back out to go somewhere I started the engine and the power Sterling is locked there are afew lights on dash a yellow car sliding a red steering wheel and it’s saying silent stop start can you please help me
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes it’s not the fuses I disconnected the battery fir half hour then restarting
JA: What year is your e-Golf?
Customer: 132D
JA: Are you fixing your e-Golf yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I’m trying it’s a diesel yes it’s not the fuses I disconnected the battery fir half hour then restarting
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I turned wheel fully to left and then right it’s so heavy then I drove up rd on 2nd gear no more than 20km
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 5 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, what you are presenting are problems at the power steering level, I do not know the model of your Volkswagen but many golf models work with powered-assisted steering. The electric steering is a steering that works with an electric motor located in the steering stem which receives the signal from a sensor located on the steering wheel which when turning left or right gives the signal to the engine, so that the steering is smoothed when we have problems in one of these sets of steering operation they begin to activate the indicators that you present on the dashboard, for example: the car sliding is an indicator of the stability system or the anti-skid system and it is not working correctly, the indicator on the steering wheel is precisely an indicator of problems in the steering and all this is accompanied by problems in the steering lock.

The ideal is to start a computerized diagnosis because having these indicators on the dashboard means that there are sensors that are commanding these indicators to be activated.

The diagnosis will verify not only the engine operation but also the operation of the steering and stability system.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can based on your description, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.