Michaeluk
Michaeluk, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

My ford connect radio is permanently locked and does not

Customer Question

hi there. my ford connect radio is permanently locked and does not give an option to put in the code
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: There has been too many attempts to unlock it, this being a company utility van which i recently bought and its not giving me an option to put in the code as it is lovked all the time
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: its 2011 model
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to get the code from an online service but now with the code which Iam not sure if its correct But I will only know once I manage to put the code thru
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ih he able to supply me with the correct code?
Category: Car
Expert:  Michaeluk replied 10 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

So the radio was already completely locked when you bought the car?

If so, someone has already entered the wrong radio code too many times before you. The radio is now irretrievably locked. There is either the possibility to remove the radio and have it sent to the manufacturer by a Ford garage, or to buy another radio.

A manual unlocking is unfortunately no longer possible in this state. The radios tolerate a certain number of incorrect entries, after which they lock themselves permanently to deter the theft of the radios.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
is that what I paid my £5/00 for just so u tell me its irretrievable. I feel robbed
Expert:  Michaeluk replied 10 days ago.

I am sorry that I cannot give any other answer. I also understand that you would have liked to read something else.

It's just that Ford protects radios with codes. You can enter these codes incorrectly about 4-5 times, then the radios are locked for about 30 minutes before you can enter the code again. If the wrong code is still entered too often, the radio will lock itself completely and can only be unlocked by the manufacturer of the radio.

This protection ensures that no one steals the radio and then simply tries out all the variations.

If there is another possibility I would like to tell you about it.