Phillip H
Phillip H,
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Second opinion] I have a 2012 Skoda Fabia 1.2 tsi. The

Customer Question

second opinion] Hi . I have a 2012 Skoda Fabia 1.2 tsi . The problem is that the immobiliser is playing up . It starts and then cuts out immediately or it will start and drive then cut out randomly . The engine management light is on and the epc light . Also it says on the dash display check deadlock ? I’ve changed the keyfob batteries but still doing the same thing . Any ideas what is causing this please .
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: skoda Fabia 1.2 tsi
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just want pointing in the right direction of who could repair it I.E auto electrical or dealer or my self . I have changed the key batteries so far
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It’s a 2012 year thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Phillip H replied 17 days ago.

Hiya

Initially you would need a full diagnostic code read to establish a diagnostic path based on codes present.

This could be caused by any number of things. Changing the batteries in the key only really affects the central locking remote side of the key.

Does this fault exist with both keys or just one? If it is more with one key then I would suspect a key fault in all probability. If the fault occurs with both keys then you could be looking at a module issue, a battery fault or even a wiring fault.

The diagnosis for this is probably best carried out at a Skoda Dealer who have the access to all of the technical data required.

Phillip