sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My Mazda 2 Capella 2007, petrol, Automatic, just stopped. It

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hi Pearl
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: My Mazda 2 Capella 2007, petrol, Automatic, just stopped.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It was parked for 6 months, then started on the starting device. At that point, the diagnostic lamp for transmission went on but went off after the car was restarted. After 20-30 miles of continuous driving, the car just stopped.
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Road assistance mechanic erased the error codes, then tried to start the car but couldn't the ordinary way. Only after going under the car managed to start the engine. The engine works and the gas pedal revs it, but when the transmission is engaged, no revs. Transmission fault lamp is on again. The garage in Bristol (generic) where the car had been towed to want 150 just to look at the car but grimly prognosed that the car would have to be scrapped. I spoke with a Mazda mechanic in Croatia where I am from and he said the battery may have yo be replaced, then alternator checked then the transmission codes refreshed and reuploaded. He had doubts there would be a serious error with the car. I would like to have another opinion and advice where best to fix the car
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The car is now in Bristol South. My relative was driving and he lives in Bristol. I am currently visiting family in Croatia and can't go back easily. I would like to gave an honest opinion as I am self employed with little work at the time. Thank you for helping.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, I understand the positions of the technicians who were advising up to now, from my perspective I observed that the vehicle was working correctly at the transmission level until it was parked for those six months, so I'm going to focus on what could have happened within those six months with a vehicle turned off and I agree with the Mazda technician from Croatia, because the first technician is indicating that the ideal would be not to repair the vehicle, because the transmission replacement or rpair costs and at the computer level are higher than the cost of the vehicle but I do not agree with.
I think from my position that you should do first do a good maintenance to the transmission basically a replacement of the fluid and the filter also agree with the second technician to do a job at the software level, but if it is In your possibility, I would make a replacement of the transmission module, already programmed, because the time the vehicle was stopped, the humidity may have damaged it, and this computer can be obtained at very affordable second-hand costs, to give you an idea. one of the last quotes for these modules but for another Mazda model was not more than 100 pounds, so we would be talking about that you could spend around 300 pounds on this repair attempt and there is a high probability that the vehicle gets back working correctly.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can based on your description, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks Sebastian.
Why not just first checking the battery, then alternator, then reloading the transmission software and THEN trying to obtain the replacement Ecu part.
I had previously a problem a serviced the ECU 14 months ago.
Best regards
Dan

Dan, the first thing you have to do is check the battery and the alternator since they are very minimal costs but I thought they had already done it, do the work to the software for the cost I think it is better to buy the module, because I think the difference is only about 20 or 30 pounds and if this work does not work for you in the same way, you have to buy a new module then you would lose the money from the software work, although you can think that both options are valid because surely with the software is also very likely to fix the software problem.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** you recommend someone in Bristol?

it is my pleasure Dan.
Here are some garages that might be able to help you!

ADS Automotive

+44(###) ###-####/p>

Central Garage (Kingswood) Ltd

+44(###) ###-####/p>

N&C Auto Services Ltd T/A Brislington Motor

01179 712880

Autocare Centre Chepstow5 star rating 7 reviews

01291 627137

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How do I rate you?