Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

I need to replace the starter motor in my land rover

Customer Question

I need to replace the starter motor in my land rover defender - 2002 2.5 diesel 90. There are so many different ones out there. Which do you recommend?
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 18 years old. Last Feb.
JA: Are you fixing your Defender yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My neighbour is going to do it. I haven't tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thank you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 7 days ago.

Good afternoon and thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

I would always recommend Rimmer Bros for land Rover parts, they are well established and know their product well.

There site lists a few alternatives CLICK HERE and I would be happy with the aftermarket application they have.

There are different units fitted but unfortunately knowing which starter your Land Rover has can only be accessed by checking the old unit. There are picture on the Rimmer site, and the phone line does allow you to speak with a representative who will be able to advise.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Steve

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks Steve. I'll have a look. r

Your welcome, do please just reply to this thread if I can offer any assistance.

Many Thanks

Steve