sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Loud tapping noise from end of engine comes and goes mostly

Loud tapping noise from end of engine comes and goes mostly there mini cooper country man
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Manual about 80000 thanks
JA: What year is your MINI?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No oil change and filter through local garage
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can’t think of anything I have been driving short distances with this problem

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, you have to be very careful with this kind of noise because they are usually internal parts of the engine that are colliding with each other abruptly producing the noise and this is actually a symptom that a very accelerated wear is taking place .

This can be due to several factors from lubrication problems to excessive wear, the ideal is always starting with the simplest, lubrication problems. }the ideal is to locate the exact part of the noise this can be done through a tool like a stethoscope with which the exact position of the noise is located, a small disassembly is also made to corroborate the upper part of the motor and with this is observed how the lubrication is in this area, since even having a correct fluid there may be problems with the generation of oil pressure in this case in the oil pump.

Then, a disassemble of the lower engine area should be done that simply the poster to observe how the dedication of the crankshaft is and if there is play in any of its parts or its components as well as in the cylinder head.

It is in this area that you are going to find the defect. Usually this kind of noise requires major repairs.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can based on your description, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.