Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

Tyres, i put tyre size 235 instead of 225 because I had

Tyres
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: i put tyre size 235 instead of 225 because I had puncture an i ok to drive till Monday
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Vw cc
JA: What year is your CC?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It’s just that one tyre

Good morning and thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** i am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade.

The 235 & 225 profile of the tyres are width and although all tyres should match per axle, as a short term emergency measure this is quite acceptable, if you were to fit a space saver, this would not comply with the size of the other tyres on your vehicle but would be acceptable. As when using a space saver I would restric your speed to be safe. The more important point would be if the profile was different, this is the 60 or 55 etc in the tyre size, as this would change the rotating diameter,

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread, I am to give you first class service so please do feel free to ask any details.

Many thanks for using Just Answer

Steve

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
On motor way it’s ok

Yes you will be safe but as a precaution due to the slight differences in the tyre specifications I would stay at around 60, Having been in the trade for many years I have seen tyres fitted and run for many miles which are mismatched, but this would not pass an MOT and so can only be regarded as a temporary measure.

I hope this helps but do please ask any more details by replying to this thread.

Steve