Michaeluk
Michaeluk, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

What does a warning light of a red car outline with arrows

Customer Question

what does a warning light of a red car outline with arrows pointing to it from either side mean?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: came upon dashboard as warning rangerover sport 2011
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: rangerover sport autobiography petrol 5L
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing it says stop vehicle stop safely stop engine
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  Michaeluk replied 19 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you I am a master mechanic with over 10 years experience with various car brands.

Does it look like the sign at the picture?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
but no middle arrow
Expert:  Michaeluk replied 19 days ago.

Unfortunately, I do not offer a telephone service, the money for this you will get back the next days.

The lamp means that there is a fault with the chassis control. ( Adjustable dampers, or air suspension).

If there is no further error message in written form which calls for stopping you can continue driving with a maximum of 30km/h according to Range Rover. If you receive a message telling you to stop immediately, please stop in a safe place.

The fault cannot be detected without a diagnostic device. It is a very complex system with sensors and actuators.

All you can do is to disconnect the battery for 2 minutes. This will force a restart of the control units. If it is only a software error, the problem should be solved. If not, a workshop must read out the memory. Only by means of a fault code can the cause of the problem be narrowed down further.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks will try disconnecting battery and if no joy take to garage thanks for your help
Expert:  Michaeluk replied 19 days ago.

You´re welcome. Have a nice Sunday.