sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

986 S 2001. Roof opened ok, but closing, the metallic panel

986 S 2001. Roof opened ok, but closing, the metallic panel worked ok but the actual roof got stuck behind the seats. I had to pull it manually and after that pressing the button it approached the clip lever ok.
JA: What is the model of your '01 Porsche?
Customer: 986 S
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I am not an expert...
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Car is 20years old, noticed that also opening roof shows a bit of lazyness!!

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No hurry.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, the slowness in the closing or opening of the roof is a clear symptom of failures or inconveniences at the electric motor level, your 986 S in the roof system has an electric motor, it is a motor very similar to the windshield wipers, it has two directions for opening and closing, over time it is normal for the motor, like any other electric motor, to lose its strength, so it must be replaced every certain period.

This electric motor can be bought fron second hand but it is not recommended.
This is the last step to take, first is good to check the wiring and perform maintenatenance on the motor if after this the problem persist, you will know that you the motor should be replaced soon.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Many thanks!!

It is my pleasure can help!
All the best, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes