sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Have a Clifford car alarm which I need to remove as it’s

Customer Question

Have a Clifford car alarm which I need to remove as it’s giving me problems
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Yes and it won’t disable the alarm
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Audi A3 2012
JA: Are you fixing your A3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, the remote isn’t responsive
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Easiest option to remove it if there is an easy option or if it requires a mechanic
Category: Car
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What is the waiting time for a response?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, in old vehicles, the alarm systems were an independent module that was simply disconnected or its fuse was disconnected to disable it. The problem is that today the alarm system is integrated into the vehicle's computer, therefore it is not possible to disable it as such, unless a reballing or programming procedure is carried out on the computer, what is recommended in this kinde of case is to verify the status of the alarm key fob because many times the problem is that the battery has simply discharged. we recommend checking the state of the electrical voltage of the main battery of the vehicle because having a discharged battery causes certain electrical systems to work incorrectly such as the alarm. Another very important factor to verify is through a diagnostic equipment, the operation of the alarm can that you simply need to reset the factory data to leave the initial settings of the alarm and correct any type of programming problem that you may present

My goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.