Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My Mazda MX5 sport (06 plate) mkIII failed its MOT on the

Customer Question

My Mazda MX5 sport (06 plate) mkIII failed its MOT on the following:
Subframe corroded and seriously weakened nearside rear
Subframe mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength Nearside Rear
Suspension arm corroded and seriously weakened Offside RearThe garage advised it would need a new subframe. What is the cheapest I could get it done, with or without me getting the subframe myself plus labour? (I live in the North West ) Manchester area
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 20 days ago.

Hi..there..Im Rob, A fully certified vehicle technician in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

The only cheapest route you have is to go down the 2nd hand route.but bearing in mind that corrosion issues on these cars is quite well known..so the chances of finding a good used one could prove difficult.certainly if your not seeing it in person before you purchase it... the onyl option id say would be the best way is to go down the new route..in the long run it will save on having to revisit that problem again.or you could enquire on this website in the provided link. http://www.mx5city.com