sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Xl 1200 running Sunday fired up this morning Monday then

Xl 1200 running Sunday fired up this morning Monday then just died battrie sound petrol flowing through filter just had carb rebuild new gaskets and cleaned was out on it Sunday no problems stumped help
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: 1200 1988
JA: What is the model of your '88 motorcycle?
Customer: Xl sportster imported USA in march
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Had it done at a shop
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Fuel well flowing from tank through fuel fillter

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, since the fuel injection system is correct, the carburetor and the fuel rail, it is necessary to check the condition of the coil since there may be problems with the spark.
In these cases, I recommend checking the state of the spark from the coil to the spark plugs. I recommend you to remove each of the spark plugs to check them and replace those that you see very worn.
I have to clarify you that the carburetor has an exact injection configuration which is given by the minimum regulator if the vehicle turns on and off you have to check the minimum regulation but if it does not turn on at all go directly to the state of the spark.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi sorted harley xl out fault was changed fuel filler cap for a aftermarket cap did not have a breather hole in it causing a vacume in tank changed to old one bobs your uncle running fine thanks Mr gmorris

Hi, Mr. gmorris.
Excellent, you were able to solve this problem by replacing the fuel cap, the fuel gas breathing systems are very important, the vents must be fully operational, it is great that the solution was not so expensive, it has been a pleasure to assist you.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes