sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Spare key open doors and goes to start possition but will

Spare key open doors and goes to start possition but will not start car
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Allokasmain key operates ok
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: V70 2994 reg FA04YXX Dt2.4 td
JA: What year is your V70?
Customer: Try again V70 D5 TD Diesel 2.4 reg.FA0YXX
JA: Are you fixing your V70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes tried reprogramming ie inser tkey doors closed doors turn key on off several times but red light does not light to accept
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Disable button not working alarm lights flash no horn

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, first I have to clarify that one thing is the central locking system and another thing is the immobilizer system the central locking system is the system that works with the reading of the key fob, that is, it receives the reading of the opening of the key. Centralized locking system in addition, the cylinders being mechanized systems clearly allow the door to be opened with the key but when you turn on the immobilizer system, it must be giving you problems because it seems you have problems with the reading of the integrated key chip.

Let me explain how your immobilizer system works.

The electronic immobilizer protects your vehicle by means of an electronic code integrated in the key. This is composed of an invariable personal code and a second code that the immobilizer modifies each time the engine is started.

When starting the vehicle, the immobilizer checks the personal code and the variable. If both codes are correct, the immobilizer sends a new coded signal to the engine control to unlock the engine. Without this signal, the engine can not be started, even by a bypass.

If you have a problem in the key or in the immobilizer, your vehicle will not turn on. If the immobilizer cannot verify the codes, this may be due to different factors, such as the key has been deprogrammed with the immobilizer, or that the key has no access to the vehicle, therefore the immobilizer inhibits the ignition , this kind of problems is quite common so you do not necessarily have to go to the dealership to solve it, although it would be the most prudent and correct thing to do, There are auto locksmith or local garages that can help you with your case, reprogramming the key fob, key and the immobilizer, and verify if any of the modules present damages or if there is a short.

All this can be ruled out with a diagnostic tool with Volvo software.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes